So, I’ve spoken to quite a few people lately who have had trouble sleeping. I personally like to blame the moon…I blame the moon for everything 😂😂
But seriously, lack of quality sleep seems to be affecting a lot people right now, so here are my top tips to help you back into snoozville…
My top tips for better sleep:
- Take a bath with lavender essential oils in.
- Turn off all electronics, phones, TV etc, 1 hour before you intend to go to bed.
- Try breathing techniques such as deep breathing in and out through the nose for a slow count of 3 and exhaling for a slow count of 4. Repeat 10 times.
- Reading a book before bed instead of watching TV.
- Low lights, if you have a light dimmer then turn it low, if you don’t then use a lamp make it’s pointing away from your space, it’s really hard to get your snooze on with a glaring light in your face.
- Try calming teas, such as Camomile and teas with Valerian root in them. ☕☕☕
- Try meditation – if the thought of chanting away makes you want to run for the hills, then try finding a sound or guided sleep meditation on Youtube, have it playing whilst you’re lying there waiting for the sheep to come and jump over the bed head. 🐑🐑🐑
- Herbal supplements, my favourite is the sleepy head formula from twenty-first Century herbs they even have a free trial pack
- If there is a problem or issue that keeps running around in your head ruining your beauty sleep, then try writing it down somewhere. Sometimes just putting something down on paper receives the brain of responsibility and frees up the mind
- Add sleep prep into your beauty routine…have you heard of Neom? they actually do a face oil to help you sleep! check it out
So there you have it folks my top tips for helping you count the Zzzz’s.
Lots of love and Zzzz’s